Monday, January 29, 2007
Wednesday, January 24, 2007
Monday, January 22, 2007
Saturday, January 20, 2007
Friday, January 19, 2007
Monday, January 15, 2007
Sunday, January 14, 2007
- wait by his work and find his car
- they had already staked out his work earlier and determined that he does, in fact, leave his car unlocked so that they can get in there and 'birthday-ize' it. Ask Brandy about the daring stealth techniques and Bourne Identity style methods she used.
- Then, find out what time he gets off work
- That was my job (I was all coy like in asking what time does he get out of his work on Friday)
- Deck out his car
- Ribbons and bows, and big sheets of wrapping paper
- duct taping his gifts to sections of his car
- vast amounts of birthday confetti in the car
- car decals saying "happy birthday"
- securing helium balloons to his car
- glass pens to write on his windows
- Birthday cupcakes with candles that spell out "happy birthday"
- Watching the flick "Little Miss Sunshine"
I was to be the filmographer of this whole shenanigan. Do some sort of 'production' video stuff for it and then tape his reaction. Oh, did I mention how they thought I should stand outside for the ... maybe 1 hour it might take for him to come out, just to get him on camera. Well, I woulda done it. Apparently it also involved something about decking out his house as well.
Unfortunately, the best laid plans of mice and men... well in searching for the stake out we almost RAN INTO him as he was taking his lunch break. Sheesh... imagine driving down the road, and seeing your friend's car with a bunch of birthday stuff in the back, somebody holding conspicuous cupcakes and candles and 2 big helium balloons stashed in the back seat bobbing about. Almost ruined the evening.
We decided that we would all wait in the car after decking it out, so that nobody froze. So, we get to his car, and we go to town, I'm video-ing like crazy, they're TRYING to do everything they planned. But not much really works when it's -30C. The decals didn't stick so well, the helium balloons were deflating. The pen had oozed out into a glob of ... ink o rsomething. And the bows weren't sticking to well to the car. But none the less it looked awesome. Too bad my camcorder didn't like the cold. Nothing turned out on video. I think i need to take it in.
So, with about 10m left to go before he was out, I decided to find my hiding spot so I could record his reaction. I'm all decked out with scarf and toque and big jacket. Started thinking, hey, I look conspicuous hanging out in a parking lot with a non-descript item in my hand. Wonder what people would think if they saw me. Just then his co-worker's car started, I was right next to it.. I nearly had a coronary. Jeeze. I decided to move spots. Just incase I ended up getting maced or something. But really, when we met his co-worker, she was all in for what ever we were doing and offered us like a 'backstage pass' to their work and get him there as well. But we figured the total surprise thing worked better.
He did eventually come out after we had near frostbite. He really liked the car it seemed with his "oh good god, what now?" expression.
BTW - the movie was good!
Monday, January 8, 2007
Sunday, January 7, 2007
Saturday, January 6, 2007
Wednesday, January 3, 2007
Tuesday, January 2, 2007
- Penny catch (put some pennies on your elbow and do that 'snap' thing to catch them), you do 3 attempts and total the number of pennies you've caught [personally I did 38]
- Pool table (4 balls are placed on the table and you see how many shots it takes you to pot all 4) - 18
- Miniputt (2 stretches of carpet for you to putt a ball into a cup) - 0/2
- Dumbbells (how many can you do on each arm in 10 seconds) - 8L & 7R
- Dart drop (blindflolded you drop darts onto a dartboard) - 27
- Marble game (you have this triangle thing with marbles and by jumping a marble you remove it... you see how many you can get down to) - 4
- Street Fighter (how many opponents can you beat in one game) - 4 [tho' some were cheating and using it on EASY level]
- Santa toss (it's an online game where you have this catapult you time and see how far santa goes, and then you average your 3 goes) - 204m
I think that was all the games. It was pretty fun. After that, Rory and I got to watch the Liddell v. Ortiz fight matches I had downloaded the night previously.
It was good to see Ortiz lose, and it was a GOOD fight too. A little sketchy on the call at the end, but it was an eventuality. If they didn't stop it then, they would have in another 30 seconds. The Macdonald v. Leben fight was really good!
Then we watched the ball drop in NY... looked all about for Karen, and didn't see her (way to go Karen... could have at least waved to us or something). It was about ten we started with JACKASS 2...
...man I haven't laughed that hard in quite some time. Just a shockingly funny movie. After that it was time for some BORAT (I had just finished downloading this as well).
After Borat, I was pretty tired, and my allergies were really kicking in (even after taking an Aerius earlier in the night), so it was time to go home. When I got home, the allergies were still lingering and a kink in my back really made it hard to sleep. So I tossed and turned from about 5 until 7:30. At which point I realized I should probably just STAY UP. And I puttered around the apt for a while and tried to stay up. But by 8:30 I was tired again and sleep won out. I think I slept until about 3:30 or so. Very ni-ice.
Hope your 2007 NY was as good!