Wednesday, September 8, 2021

September 8th - Let's get this physical therapy started with a book in the final frontier

 In TV history - there's several standout intros to a show, but nne probably more well recognized than when a certain 'Bill' starts out with "Space... the final frontier..."

It was September 8th, 1966 that that phrase was first uttered, and well, for 'trekkies' September 8th is Star Trek Day


I'm not much of a 'trekkie' myself, but I do enjoy the shows.  Not sure I can say I loved the original, but William Shatner was a hoot.  I think I preferred the story line / arc of DS9 more.

13 years later a certain Alecia Beth Moore (maybe we're related) was born.

You probably know her as Pink!


Happy birthday Pink... she's 42 (can't believe I'm older than her).

Now she can't write awesome music without being somewhat well read - as it's also International Literacy Day.


Declared in 1966 (ooh, same year as Star Trek... coincidence?) it is meant to help showcase the importance that literacy for individuals plays - being a 'clear connection between illiteracy and severe poverty'.

And if you sit reading in your favourite chair for too long, you may need to see someone about that posture, as it's also World Physical Therapy Day.


Created in 1996 by the World Physiotherapy group.  Being mobile, means being well.

I know as I age (faster than Pink it seems), I definitely need to see them more and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment