Thursday, September 9, 2021

September 9th - Happy watches Sullivan show with his Teddy in French

 Interesting point that about the Teddy Bear... how it came about because President Theodore Roosevelt apparently refused to shoot a bear cub, the cartoon of said event made 'President Teddy' look all soft and cutesy and people wanted a stuff cub - and it was called the "Teddy Bear".

Today, is National Teddy Bear Day.



I'm assuming that's an American thing only.

I never had a teddy bear that I can recall - except I did have a 'Curious George' stuffy as a kid that I took everywhere.  Curious George was almost a goof and I enjoyed that.

Being a goof is something that Adam Sandler does well. The actor known for such goofs as Little Nicky and Happy Gilmore, and probably the star of many a highschool lunch time where I remember sitting in the hallways as friends would play his comedy CDs...


He's 55 now.

A lot of us saw Sandler first on SNL, and another big TV persona was Ed Sullivan, he had a lot of people on his show, but probably none bigger than Elvis Presley back in 1956 on this day.


Elvis up there gyrating his hips for the national audience... I imagine it was pretty scandalous.

Apparently they made sure to try to just film his upper half.  Also interesting - Elvis didn't go to the New York Studio for the, rather he 'remoted in' from a live studio in Hollywood (he was filming a movie at the time) and Ed was also off due to a car accident.

Last but not least... enfin et surtout (that hardly tracks as a word for word meaning...)

In 1969 Canada passed the Official Languages Act, enshrining French as an official language.


I've always tried to better up my French.  It's slow but building.  Just don't try to test me.

No comments:

Post a Comment