Forgot the best ending for the long weekend: my chocolate chip cookie dip... mmmm. Nothing says relaxing weekend like eating sweet dip and cookies late at night.
Here's the recipe:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 pkg cream cheese
- 1/2 cup icing (confectioner's) sugar
- chocolate chips (or nuts, etc...)
- Melt the butter and brown sugar together, stirring until it just about boils... do it slowly
- While it's melting beat together the icing sugar and cream cheese for a few minutes
- take the butter and brown sugar off the heat when done and whisk in the vanilla
- pour this over the cream cheese and icing sugar
- continue to beat the mixture together and add in as much chocolate chips as you think necessary
- Let it chill in the fridge to firm up.
it's oooh so good. Take it out for a few minutes to get it to a nice consistency and use those cookie wafers...
mmm... so sweet tho'