Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Busy piping season thus far...

Unbelievably, this March has been a pretty active season for the piping realm:
  • I had the online competition to record and submit (got 6th place for the MSR)
  • TCTE Curling Bonspiel opening / closing
  • Meeting with the dance groups to discuss piping for the May competition (which I'm deciding NOT to do)
  • Al's funeral (hardest piping gig I've ever had to do)
  • National Wheelchair Curling bonspiel opening / closing
  • Several band executive / general / centennial meetings
  • Bronwyn's birthday bash (a dancer who has found out she has cancer, and he fellow classmates were throwing a fundraising party)
[he did NOT like my F's or my fosgailte movement -- I've forgotten the D grace to C; was quite happy as it was the first real 'full length' piobaireachd I've done]

got 6th place for it

April shouldn't be too bad, only a few meetings... just heavy practicing.
May?  I would really like to try to do the Moosejaw/Regina competition... we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment