Thursday, April 14, 2011

Oh man I ache

Oh man do I ever. This is a tale of an out of shape dude with a hectic schedule and an attempt to get healthier.


So it's not secret that I'm out if shape. Officially I'm about 40 lbs away from my ideal bmi, but really 20 from where I used to feel "in shape". The last time I really felt great was when I was biking to work, so I figured with my new job (did I blog that I had a new job get?) being so much closer to home that it was time I bought a bike.


Sure I had a bike already. I had lent it to a friend for their riding, as I wasn't using it, but the last time I took it into get some tune up the store owner suggested it might be cheaper to throw it away.


Anyhow, I was determined to get a new one. I went to one shop and although I was sticker-shocked I still wanted to see what was available. Nobody came out to see what it was in was looking for. Eventually somebody came out from the back, but even still waiting nothing to me. No sale for you.


Undaunted, I did another Internet search and found that another shop nearby actually had some decently priced rides; so I motored on down to the shop and we chatted and he put one on reserve for next to test ride the next day. Great customer service! And a great price (always like it when a store understands your budget and doesn't scoff at it).


So I go to great bike. The next day I timed my ride to work. 18 minutes. I planned out the morning and was really ready. But it rained. So I decided to wait.


Here I is Thursday and I've ridden 3 day in the row now. Feeling beat. Exhausted... generally tired. I knew it'd be a while before I would be into it, but today it was like -5C when I met the house. You can really feel that temperature difference.


By playing at band tonight felt great. However,  sweated like to dog. But not looking forward to biking tomorrow (forecast of -8C). I may drive. But hey 3/5 ain't back for the first week.

No comments:

Post a Comment