Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Wow, crazy wind [28/35]

Yay, a  landmark - crossed the 80% mark!!

Yoiks, debated about driving today as I had that workshop on how to use SmartBoards.  [Had I known how little that would have been worth it, I wouldn't have gone; but good to see fellow piper Kathleen there]

Anyways, it was semi-raining in the morning and I dreaded going - but I went.  Gotta keep up the ratio.  And it wasn't bad at all.  Not that cold, most of the rain was finished, so just some puddles to clear.

But, by the time I went to the workshop it was just GREAT.  Nice biking weather.  Just took it nice and leisurely and still got there with plenty of time to spare.

When I got out, however, that's a whole other ball game.  VERY strong SW wind.  Which sucks when essentially I have to go SOUTH, then WEST.  It was unbelievably strong.  You know all that rain we had this morning?  Couldn't tell because the wind kept sweeping all the dirt and stuff into my eyes and mouth.  I had to keep it in very low gear to be able to make any headway.

Luckily it was only roughly half the distance to home, but it took me almost 2x as long.  I have never been that sweaty.

Weird part was that while biking I saw a firetruck.  Didn't think much of it.  Driving home with Dean later and it looked like the fire was at the Lakehead Board... then when we got to the house we saw a water bomber fly over head - and it was pretty low.  So we went a bit beyond our house to see what we could see... 4 blocks up and we couldn't see nearly anything for the smoke.

Turns out that a chip pile at Bowater had caught flame.  Crazy.

Well, all in all - an interesting day.  Missed getting wet in the morning - pretty productive during the day - nice bike to a workshop - didn't have to work at a workshop (nor learn really) - sweaty hard bike ride - crazy smoke - and to top it all off Dean is getting some stomach bug and threw up all over me.  [still can't get the smell out of my nostrils]

this is my life

pretty awesome!

[oh and sitting here just watching my youtube page waiting to see if the unlisted videos I posted for the competition get another view (meaning somebody's watched it to adjudicate)].

No comments:

Post a Comment