Thursday, February 24, 2022

February 24 - Ashley's Education at the Bar

 For years I used a quote that I had found on the internet and made it my signature in emails.

It's:

Education's purpose to replace an empty mind with an open one.


It was written by a Malcolm S. Forbes, and I never realized who that was.  Well, he passed away on this day in 1990 at the age of 70.

Malcolm was an entrepreneur and politician.  I had always assumed he was involved in education somewhere.

Not probably someone with a lot of quotes, except the Hi, How Are You Today is Ashley MacIsaac a famous fiddler from Cape Breton; he was born today in 1975.


Being in the celtic scene he was 'one to watch' for years and I got to see him a few times.  Great stuff and crazy talented.  Also... apparently 'crazy' from those who interacted behind the scenes as he liked to party.  I mean, it goes hand in hand with kitchen music.  

So I imagine he probably celebrated World Bartender Day a time or two.



No comments:

Post a Comment