Sunday, February 21, 2010

8 days later…

So much for 2 a week, maybe I should update my expectations.  Anyhow…

What’s happened?  Since I last posted we’ve had Valentine’s Day / Family Day / Hangin’ with Ben / After Biz / Some applications / Dean’s haircut and photoshoot…


Valentine’s Day

Not a lot to report, similar to our attempts at New Year’s Eve it gets harder to have official celebrations.  We ended up having to have a ‘do-over’ the next day.


Family Day

I love any excuse for a day off.  I really was hoping to do some ‘family’ things that day with Dean, but to be honest with you I don’t think there was a lot that we did.  I know we were outside for a bit.  Dean enjoyed it, even when he fell face first in the snow (he was leaning forward a little too far).  Then we played with his sled as well, until he fell off… it was a good time.  It had been so cold for a while it was hard to take Dean outside to play.


Hanging with Ben

We decided to give Lindsay a shout to see if she wanted company (Dean needs to learn how to hang out with other kids).  As it turns out we got to have Ben over for a couple of hours at our place.  Which Dean LOVED.  Those two get along really well.  Unbelievable how much energy one kid can have, let alone put two of them together – sort of a “the whole is more than the sum of its parts” idea.  Mandy made some post Family Day crafts with them.  The hands are still drying.


After Biz

Now there wasn’t an after biz or 2 months, so I was itching to get my networking and exhibiting skills back into play.  I swear the email said to go set up at 315-400, so I was there at 315.  Turns out that was about 30 minutes too early.  Anyway, I got to talk with the planning at the VicInn about our MEIV event.  So I get my booth and start to set up, that’s when the other booths start coming in.  And my neighbour – one guy who likes to critique roll-ups and a bra and panty booth.  I had to remind people throughout the night that THEY went next to ME, not the other way around.  It was a good event, albeit I never got to have any of the food (le sigh), they even had Doobsie’s Band (the band that Joe is in) play.  Good show.


Applications

Still waiting to hear from the Board about my pool hiring status application… I think this will be the ‘make or break’ decision… If I don’t get on the pool hiring list after 7+ years… I’ll start making some serious decisions about what am I doing with my life.  Have I made some wrong decisions?  I also applied to 3 different jobs in one day.  I’d like to say what… but I think it’s bad luck to say before I know anything, so I’d like to keep that under wraps until I know more, but any of them would be a nice change.


Dean’s Haircut & Photoshoot

So Mandy’s setup a photoshoot with Superior Images for his 2 year old shot.  And he needed a haircut.  I tried to get him over to Hair Infinity, but they were booked up, so I thought, why not walk down Frederica some more as there’s a couple of hair places that way… and I could keep on going after and walk to the Library for the puppet show.  I end up going to Armando Barber Shop on Frederica (funny, we were at Armando’s in Port Arthur for Mandy’s bday dinner).  I say Barber Shop because it had a pole out front, but it was definitely ‘modern’.  It had PS3, Blu-Ray, 42” HD in the waiting room!  It was good, he freaked a little when the barber tried to put the drape around him, so he just omitted it.  I had thought Mandy had pre-called and set it up as he automatically ‘faux hawked’ Dean saying “mommy will love that!” and then grabbed something  and came back saying “you don’t mind eh?” (I couldn’t see what he meant, but said “no worries” anyways)… turns out it was some red gel for his hair.  So Dean not only has a faux hawk, but is red tipped.  Kinda hilarious!  Until Dean ran around and tried to climb his stroller, in the process smushing his wet head against the stroller, his jacket etc… partially ruining the effect.  I decided to walk him home and skip the puppet show (can only imagine the much he’d make with a wet red head and tons of hair all over him).

Then it was on to the photoshoot.  Dean was not participating in just about anything at that point.  He was cranky after coming home, was cranky for quite some time, and then on the way to Jarron’s fell asleep… so was cranky when he woke up.  Then he didn’t want to go down stairs… eventually we got him to have some fun, only by letting him know that he could throw a ball at Jarron… wonder what that portends to in the future?  (will this be the precedent… if you do something we tell you you can do some harm to somebody).  Looking forward to the photos tho’.  He really did get into it after a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment