Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Freaky ride yesterday [85/104]

So, I know I've had one accident this past year on my bike.  But yesterday I experienced another.  No, I didn't have an accident, but it felt like it.

I was biking a different route as I had to stop by the in-laws.  And on the way back along James [going South, on the East side] I passed another biker.  I moved onto the grass, and he moved closer to the house's side of the pavement.

After we had passed I heard some noise (see, my headphones don't block out sound) and I looked back and he had gone into the bushes just a bit and had fallen over.

Now I knew I didn't do anything to cause that, he clearly did it after we had passed, and I did give him ample room.  But somebody falling is nasty, so I stopped and ran over to him.  Hey, I am first-aid certified you know.

He assured me he was fine; but it was still spooky as he was just laying there for the less than minute it took me to stop and run over.

I couldn't tell if he was shaken or really hurt, but his demeanour was just odd.  He could have been just embarassed, or pissed off at me... and that part of me wanted to say "hey, this wasn't my fault you know".  But I wanted to ensure he was alright.  I offered like 5x to call an ambulance and asked if he was okay.

Just weird.




On other fronts... not much new.  Been uber stressful at work lately with newsletters and deadlines and events and shows...

Band did really well at the Miles with the Giant.  I was extremely proud of Mandy going in the 10K walk... more than I did.  The band also sounded awesome at the Scottish Rite.

The Band calendar is coming along, Jarron's working hard to put it together and get some funky shots.  Will look amazing I bet.

Can't think of much else... knew I had to write today, as I hadn't all last week.  That bugs me... but it's a sign of how busy I've been [tell my jaw to relax somebody, it's giving me headaches].

No comments:

Post a Comment