Monday, September 26, 2011

Sick Weekend [86/107]

So, last week and the one prior have been pretty hectic.  Like an ungodly amount.  Hopefully as the major events are out of the way it can slow down to a normal pace now.

The day after the Prosperity Northwest event I had gone to a meeting and I could feel my body losing a battle.  I had been staving off this cold for some time and now was its time for revenge.  Oi.

I went home Thursday afternoon around 1... slept until almost 6.  Went to pipes for about an hour [was a real shame turning back in those Lawries] and then came home and slept until the next day.

Friday I woke up around 11am.  Puttered for an hour or so, then went back to sleep.  Woke up at 3, up for a few hours and then back into bed.

I followed this pattern for some time.  I was really out of it.  Not flu like, just cold.  I get these wicked sinus blockages and then that makes me grind my teeth and stuff so my temples get sore and then I get major headaches.  So it was just hard to concentrate on anything.

My turn of luck was on Saturday when I got to play with the new Gingerbread features on my phone.  Something cool.

Oh, and playing with Dean.  It's always fun to play with him - despite how he says I'm the 'bad dad' and I'm "bossy" and "throw [him] on the bed".  But we had a great time.  Especially Sunday.  Just some precious lines as always.

Back at work today... biked and man it's getting cold.  Not sure if that really helps or not.  Gotta start getting some mitts for the morning [and it gets depressing watching my percentage slowly slip downwards].  I'm still a little 'overwhelmed' at the office here, but I'm doing ok, taking things in bite size portions.  Mainly trying to go through the backlog of emails etc... I have so MANY different things to do at the office that it's easy to get lost in it all.  With a head cold lingering it's not exactly making things easier.  One bit at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment