Saturday, October 29, 2011

All heil the weekend [99/130]

Sucks that I couldn't crack the 100 mark this week. Ah well.

Busy week, even though I only worked half. A busy half mind you.

One thing stands out. Old people. OK, I won't generalize, but old people who can't realize the outside world.

Was at a meeting this week and a bunch of older people went off on saying how poor the younger generation's grammar is.

There was some good debate. And by good I mean nobody would listen to reason. I believe a lot of good grammar is going by the wayside, but to say that a style of communication will never change is just ludicrous. I asked them if the grammar they use today is the same 20 years ago, 50 years etc... they said no, but wouldn't relent on their facts.
Again, there is a lot of work needed these days with students and proper grammar, but to be ignorant that a language is a dynamic entity is even more absurd.

Then the conversation took a turn for the worse. They started to blame teachers. I won't get into that argument, but I felt like punching people. Felt like Mike Harris was in the room.

Anyways, its the weekend. I'm trying to relax... with $80 worth of candy shouldn't be too hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment