Monday, October 24, 2011

Not-a-sick Weekend - Bachelor Week [97/126]

Apparently, the last couple of Monday posts I've written how I've had a terrible weekend and was sick.

Now I won't lie and say I had the best of health, as I did feel sniffles all weekend.  But I didn't let it stop me.

Dean and I had an awesome weekend.

Soccer has been awesome for him.  He really enjoys it, and really has become the teacher's pet. Li'l Kicks gets a full recommendation from me.  It's good to see him so active and happy to run around.



That was Saturday... on Sunday we went to his swimming lessons - now I wonder a little bit about the instructor... but she gets the job done.  Dean likes swimming, maybe not the lessons, but Anna is also there.  So it's a good time for him.



After swimming we left mommy alone to finish some sewing so we went to the Hoito.  Now it wasn't Dean's first time, but it was the first time we sat at the counter together.  For good reason apparently.  Dean's just a wee bit too small for that and it was hard for him to try to lean in and not fall.


Aside from those we enjoyed some highland heritage with the MacGillivrary pipe band's annual whiskey tasting event.  Such tasty appetizers... really.  There was smoked white fish and lake trout... oyster dip, lots of crackers and cheeses... yum!  And I got to sit with some teachers and ... who knows, maybe I'll get some more supply day calls.  Here's hoping.



Well, now after all those Mandy and Dean got ready for their trip.

Mandy and Dean are tagging along with Grammy and Grandpa Moore on the trip to Minneapolis.  Mandy got a few days off and ... why not.  Especially as this Toddler Tuesday at the MoA is Hallowe'en themed.  Gets Mandy a chance to show off Dean's costume [sort of a trial run for next weekend].

Okay, back to work for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment