Friday, May 10, 2013

Starting the biking season [6/10]

today was especially cold and windy
So, the biking season has begun!  Yay...
First flat tire, first tire replacement (tube), scheduled first tune up, already had my first drenching (my clothes and shoes from that day are STILL wet).

I'm at 6/10 so far... what with a flat tire, a supply day and just some normal stuff... 60%... and then Monday I have to bring in the bike and not pick it up until Tuesday (so that'll be 6.5/11, then 7/12 -- I really wanted them to be able to take it in on the same day).  And next week is After Business, so there's another day gone.

But at least I'm doing it.

And, I'm not doing the 'stop and go hack' biking.  I've come to a decision.

I'm giving up on Ingress.

Maybe not permanently, but I have to admit, I was getting a little... obsessive.  Watching the intel map all day, and really all the diverting and new routes were burning through my gas.  On the bike it just meant it was killing my biking time, plus it really was taking me longer.

Sucks as there's been some new portals coming on line... maybe I'll be back.  I think if there were more players, else I feel like it's just me out there and then my competitive nature makes me believe that it's my responsibility.

It's not... so no more portals for me.  It's not going quite as well as I'd hoped, so I went and deleted the apps off of my phone.  Still, I find myself just peeking at the intel map now and again to see what's happening.  I'm going to try to go through the entire of today not looking.  We'll see how that goes.

I feel like a quitter, but really it's that I'm jealous of those that can play way more often than I could.  I even found myself interested in volunteering for the City's Public Art Committee, just so I could find a way to heighten the interest in the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment