Friday, August 20, 2021

August 20 - LED Mosquito eating Pie

 I love my summer, except I've always wondered why are there mosquitoes?  I don't know of any positive benefits to them, and they just make some summer nights awful.

And yet, today we 'celebrat'e World Mosquito Day.


It's 'celebrated' as in 1897 is when the guy who was researching malaria discovered that it was transmitted through the females of the species in their gut.  


Again, I'll ask: Why are there mosquitoes??

What's not annoying, but definitely something that 'buzzes' in my brain is some good ol' fashioned Led Zeppelin.  I can't listen to anything from IV and not be suddenly transported back in time to grade 10 and studying for exams.

Led's frontman, Robert Plant is turning 73 today.


And you can't have a birthday without some pie.  Wonder if Robert likes pecans ... in the USA it's National Chocolate Pecan Pie day.

No comments:

Post a Comment