Monday, August 23, 2021

August 23rd - William wishes for a Cuban

 I often don't like pickles.  In a good burger, maybe, it's hidden by a ton of other flavours, so I hardly notice it.  But, there's one sandwich that I think it's just a must.

A Cuban.  And it's National Cuban Sandwich Day in the US.


I don't know what it is about the cubano that just makes the pickle perfectly complementary to the flavours, but it is.

I could wish for a cubano, but I think I'd need something like a genie to help me with that.  For that, it's Barbara Eden's birthday.


You remember I Dream of Jeannie!  She's 90 now.

Someone who had a wish, and ultimately paid the price for his wish of "FREEEDOM" was William Wallace.

Yes, that William Wallace that you know from Braveheart.  He was publicly executed for his 'treason' in 1305.


Turned in by actually a fellow Scot, his punishment was brutal even for the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment