Tuesday, October 5, 2021

October 5th - Monty taught me a lot

 I've always had a respect for teachers.  I didn't realize I wanted to be one until about the time of university.  Too bad that didn't pan out... but while I was one I was still in respect of these truly consummate professionals.

Happy World Teachers' Day.



I've kept a lot of the inspirations from teaching through my other careers, and one of my favourite quotes was from Malcolm S. Forbes:

"The purpose of education is to replace an empty mind with an open one"

Learning to train your brain to keep an open mind is an important skill... a skill that is well needed for a good joke, and even something completely bizarre.  One such area of humour was just exploited largely in Monty Python's Flying Circus.


It had its first episode on this day in 1969.

It ran for 4 seasons and just was a foundation for some of my own humour.  They taught me a lot, much like many of my favourite teachers over the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment