Saturday, April 22, 2006

War's really hitting home

So, those of you who don't know, my good friend Robin is over in Afghanistan with the Canadian troops, right there in Kandahar.  I didn't think much of it at first, but lately as it's heated up I'm really getting a bit scared.  Well not scared so much as concerned.  Man, that would suck if he died.  Especially for Lindsay [his fiancee, and I'm in the wedding party].

 

Biggest thing was when Costall died during the night fight.  Hearing he was a Thunder Bay native... well in the paper they said "thunder bay native dies in afghanistan".  Man, my heart dropped.  Then I remembered he was off touring with his fiancee at the time.  He was given some leave time and she went over and they toured Europe for a bit.

 

Now, there's the bomb blast [click to read more].  4 were killed.  They gave 3 of the names, but are withholding the 4th name.  Why?  I completely understand for those loved ones... but... man, what if it's him?  They're just waiting to get a hold of her to tell her first before the rest of the world.  Shitty deal man.  I hope you're safe Rob.

-ry

No comments:

Post a Comment