Monday, April 9, 2007

R.I.P. Nancy LeBrun

I've been quiet on here for a while now.  8 days.  Not that there really was much going on lately... there was a good shag (still have the bruise, thanks Brandy).  But still it's been hard to try to get energetic about something enough to write.

 

Last tuesday I got a call from Lindsay saying she needed to get a hold of Robin.  Turns out her mom had just passed away.  Very sad.  She was only 52.  She had gone through a bad bout of illness.  I still don't think people really understood what the problem was today.  She died in the end of a heart attack from some infection that had caused fluid on the lungs (or something like it... I haven't really mustered up the courage to really ask).

 

Just sad that Lindsay will have to miss her at her wedding in a few more months.  garth won't be able to enjoy retirement with his wife.  It brings a lot of self reflection ... It's hard not to in times like these.  At church the other day they sang "A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief" and that has long been my dad's song that he wants sung at his funeral.  Just thinking of what that would be like is hard enough.  I can't possibly imagine what the LeBrun family is going through right now.  Last death I've had to deal with in the family was papa, but i was pretty young that it was hard to connect with anything.

 

The other reason has been I've been trying to figure out what has to be put together for the funeral on Wednesday.  Lindsay has asked me to play for it, and because of Nancy's involvement in both our band and the Police band we've wanted to put together something.  I'm sure it will work out in the end and give her the proper respect she deserves.

 

Rest in Peace Nancy - May the creator shelter you in the palm of his hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment