Sunday, June 24, 2007

been a long week


So it really has been a long week... ever since my part last week I've just felt slowed down... and no, it's not because I'm now 30... I'm not old yet.

 

Family - so, since last week, my sister's come into town to visit the folks with her 4 kids.  Man they are a handful!  They're jumping and climbing over EVERYTHING.  A few things broken already, a camera almost lost (charmane... tsk tsk).  Dad's goign crazy, and mom's just loving it.  In fact the other day I went over, to visit and drop off somethign for mom, and poor dad was left alone with the 4 wee'uns.  He was about ready to pull out his hair.  So I stayed and helped out.  Mom and Charm came back later than they planned and becasuse her van wasn't working hey missed the bus to take everybody to the Old Fort.  "That's ok, Ryan's here now, he can drive us out there."  Aaah, sis... just like my wife, automatically volunteering me for things I don't want to do.





PTC - This is just been one slow week there.  There's been lots of absences and thus it's just felt slower.  Trying to find things for people to do and it's just felt harried.  Plus the whole reno thing is going to crap.  Ralph is being less helpful than normal.  Looks like we may NOT get the extra room we wanted, but Tony wants to go ahead with the same plans... with one or 2 changes that he 'changed his mind about' after the fact.  Ugh... the guy's about as clear as mud sometimes.  In fact we talked about getting more computers for the office when he was in town and he said he'd get us 2.  Monday morning 3 monitors and one refurb'd comp comes in.  A day later another computer comes in but it's entirely different that what we typically order... so I call Tony and ask himif I can go out and get the hardware needed.  He says "sure" and I send him back a list for approval and he replies with "you know I could just order this stuff myself for you?" which I send a note back saying "sure, but some things we need for monday" and his reply?  "just to be clear I AM ordering this stuff!"  Argh.





School - Placement meetings have all gone through and... well it's time for me to contact Wendy and see if there's anything left for me.. hate this time of year... the grovelling, the pleading for a case... and it always ends up the same way, with maybe there being just 1 LTO for me.  I kinda just want to walk away from it all... this will be my 5th year with the board and I feel no ahead then when I started... and yet tehre are tons of people getting on after me.  I don't get it.  I want to just stick with PTC, but... as above I'm a little frustrated there as well.  What to do... banks don't give houses to the unemployed.





Pipeband - We played for the Relay for life the other day, and that was a great show.  I got to call out, so it's good practice for me on teh parades.  A little bit of a curfuffle with some of the timing with teh event co-ordinator.  But, oh, well.  Last practic was a real snafu tho'.  We couldn't get into Westgate because of the exam schedule, and we were beign bumped from the Elks' because of the "Boot Scooters", so we scrambled last minute to find a place... deb's to be exact.  Members were to go to her place to practice while the students went to the Elk's for lessons.  Only it turns out that the boot scooters didn't show up, so we could have stayed there... grr.  Then there's teh whole issue of getting the Ad for the KEY out this week.  It has to be in by Friday, and I doubt it's going anywehere.  I have it all about ready several times, but people keep saying "change this, change that" and that's only after much prodding can I get them to come and do anything.  Stuipid thing is as soon as it's not done in time, they'll be coming yelling at me "why wasn't it ready".  Sometimes this band can be pretty aggrevating.





Brandy / Hiro bday -

 

Purchases / Finding Time -

No comments:

Post a Comment