Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Difference Between Polls vs Surveys

So, this is something I struggle with... maybe it's my OCD.  Maybe it's because I love having data to compile that I love to ask questions and get feedback from those around.

Plus it's super easy to set forms up on Google Drive, so I do it a fair bit for work or for my blog.

But while I do it, internally I struggle with whether when I name the file, should I name it a 'poll' or should I name it a 'survey'?

What's the difference?  Does it matter?

Difference Between Polls and Surveys | Difference Between | Polls vs Surveys

Personally my guess is that Polls are quick 1 or 2 questions - very limited time.  Surveys have more questions...

get it?  my 2 cents...
But can it be that simple?  Or is it more about trying to find reason behind the answer?  A poll can be a bunch of straight forward 'preference' type questions.  Surveys more about 'what do you think' or "why"...   The purpose of the poll is to give a quick answer "more people like X", whereas surveys were more like "some like Y because of Z"...

One of the reasons I ask as I'm now starting to think about SEO a bit more.  So... when I use a label for an article, should it be POLL, or SURVEY?  Using both means 2 labels when one could suffice, and essentially creates more links to the same article, thus increasing its 'spam quotient'... but choosing one might limit it's chance of being found ... no?

... am I analyzing this too much?  Maybe ...

... Maybe I should do a poll ...

... or a survey ...

No comments:

Post a Comment