Monday, August 5, 2013

Enjoying my time off

So there hasn't been a lot of writing on this blog in a while.

I missed telling you a lot of things.  But things got a little hectic, and all at the same time, not so much so.  It's difficult to explain.  I wonder if this is what it's like to be retired.  Although, after retirement you have a lifetime of work to look back and reflect on as a job well done.  Me, no to so much.

Mind you, I've done some awesome things, but nowhere near a lifetime of work at the point you would have at retirement.




To catch you up - recently I was let go from my work.  I really shouldn't talk much about it, except that it was a relief.  Well, not really, but something like that.  Since a recent change at the office I'd been expecting it for a while.  So, it came as no surprise, but that doesn't cushion the blow of the fact that someone doesn't feel you're 'up to par'.  But I try not to dwell on it.  Instead I'm looking forward to all the time that I can spend with my son and not let the 'what if's creep in and play that game.

(it's a little hard to do when I try to get my bike rides in for the day and you have that hour with the bike, the road and your thoughts)

Now, I told you about the camping trip we went on as a family, but not much else between that and the previous post.  Like ... well, so much.

Let's see... there's so much to go on about.

Minocqua... Butternut... Nakina...  Skylanders (Dean's gift for a good first year of school).

I'll have to go through my pictures to figure it out.

I've also had more time to work on my blog.  Trying to write a little more, and exert a little more effort into it.. .but like I mentioned about retirement.  It seems everybody I run into who's retired is busier than they were before they retired.  Same I'm finding.  Trying to get to do even simple things has been tricky.

Like get my truck fixed.  It's had this wobbly steering wheel issue for a while.  Taking me forever to get it around to some shops (first I thought it was balancing, so Kal-Tire balanced, then it persisted, so James got it up on the lifts and thought it was the tierod, so Narvi looks at it and it's fine on the tie-rod, it's the tires, so back to Kal-Tire I go... ugh).

Simple things take forever to do.  I don't know if it's a general feeling of malaise and a loss of 'get up and do it' or just it's really hard to do things.

Well, I'm still trying to enjoy it... Dean has Dylan over right now, they're playing upstairs.  Joshua was over yesterday, and with all the playground play times it's like he's at school.

they had a joined parks day of 'olympics'

At least I'll get to go canoeing with dad and Iain.  We were supposed to go tomorrow, but it looks like it's going to rain, so we'll just do Wed/Thur for the trip into Quetico.

In the mean time, just trying to enjoy my time off... figure out my next steps.


1 comment:

  1. Yes, just enjoy the time, Ryan! I am sure new opportunities will come your way soon.

    ReplyDelete