Tuesday, June 13, 2006

5, 3 & 29

It's just me I guess... I'm all about the numbers.  I remember a lot of numbers, or I'm thinking about numbers. Reemembering phone numbers, calculating how long a trip will take π = 3.14150926535894626738.

 

Right now my important numbers are 5, 3 & 29... [lost no longer is big on the 4,8,15,16,23,42]

 

5 - number of school days left before exams.  Which is great.  It's kinda funny that once you start showing them the endgame the kids start coming around.  I had a massive printout day yesterday where I must ahve printed about 20 or so old assignments for some of the kids to get caught up on.  Makes me feel good, but I'm going to dread all that marking in a bit.  Ugh.  But then there's the idea that after school - what am I going to do?  It's all so, up in the air.  I'm a little hesitant.  I know it was a risk to do it - but I think that as they say "don't be afraid to go out on a limb, that's where the best fruit are" or "great things can happen for those who dare" but it doesn't stop me from feeling apprehensive.  It's not just me anymore that these decisions will affect.

 

3 & 29 - Well these two are connected.  It's 3 days until my 29th birthday.  Wow... I'm gonna be 29... which means soon I'll be 30.  That'll be the milestone... 30.  What'll happen to me in the next decade?  My thirties?  Remember that show:  Thirty Something.  I'm nowhere near any of what those guys were like... but maybe they were mid-thirties.  I've got some way to go yet, I guess.  It also means I should be looking after myself better.  My gut's getting big enough.  I'm finding myself more and more sensitive to people who make comments about it.  [yes, Brandi, I heard you at the Elk's...]  So I did a thing today I hadn't in a while - I jogged.  I needed to.  I need to go more.  But is that enough?  I'm going to get my bike from my parents and have to find a way to put it in the apt somehow.  Can I lock it up somewhere?  Hrmm...  Anybody have one of those bike lock things they have at parks?

No comments:

Post a Comment