Saturday, December 30, 2006

A jamming party

Okay, I know this was a few days ago, but I figure it's time to talk about it.  (i.e., i have some time to kill)

 

So it's Wednesday (or was), and we were ready to host the party.  I had gone out to buy the last few items for the party.  We needed some (dipping) pretzels, mix, cups and plates, cheese...  People were told to come by anytime after 7, but we figured most weren't going to be there until after the piping gig at the Gardens, which would be like 8 or so.  Doug wasn't even going to come by with his food until 7ish.

 

6:30 the first arrives.  And this is a funny story.  Mandy's been having a 'fun' time with the Future Shop recently, and ... well, without getting into it all, I'll just say he was supposed to come to our house at 5... so when the door buzzed for 6:30 I figured it was the FS guy... so I buzz the person in and say "MANDY, FS GUY'S HERE" so she rushes over and it turns out it's Mark.  Which is kinda funny, 'cuz Mark USED to work for FS.  And we knew he was coming to the party, just we didn't expect him... ah, it was funny.

 

After that, people slowly start to come in... Doug brings his laundry basket (of food).  He did a great job too!  2 kinds of sushi, wings, nuts and bolts, and some sort of mini bruschetta thingies.  yummm...

 

Pretty soon the whole party's in full swing.  Something like 23 people apparently.  We really had 'em all crammed in.


  • Me

  • Mandy

  • Doug

  • Mark

  • Kelly

  • Kristine

  • Greg

  • Justin

  • Karen

  • Rayanne

  • Robin

  • Lindsay

  • Brian

  • Brandy

  • Eilidh

  • Trish

  • Christopher

  • Cindy

  • Kris

  • Kate

  • Ann

  • Scott

  • Jarron

  • Rory

So a far amount of us just all bunched in together.  It was a godo time... a few bottle caps placed in precarious places.  A little perturbing that there was some plotting against my personal property.  That's very off-putting to be honest.  Especialy when my wife was asked to be recruited.  Anyways, I'll try not to dwell on it.


What I will dwell on is the total lack of the dress code.  We had said this was to be a Christmas themed party.  It was my idea to put the attire on the bill.  I had even gone out and picked up a sweater, some boxers and a tie, plus I had some stupid elf hats from earlier.  I think only Mandy wore something.  There were some talk of socks and maybe a green or red shirt spattered into the crowd, but that's about it.


All in all, it was still a good night.  I printed some Christmas cards with Trish's reindeer pose.  The food was a big hit, and it got pretty noisy... nothing loud, just the typical cocktail party din of voices.  I'll have to go and put some pics online at some point.  Didn't take too many, but enough.  There's a video of it... maybe I'll start that youtube account yet.


later


(now onto the New Year's preparation)

No comments:

Post a Comment