Tuesday, May 1, 2012

"May"pril Fools day [12/18]

I don't know how to start these things... It was an old joke I had with my brother that he was a joke... or something.


And only in the past few years I've wondered about a "May"pril Fools day... a good way to really fool those who were expecting something on April 1st...


Just my thought.  I don't know how to get these things started; that's what the internet is for!


And hey, look it up in Wikipedia:
In Denmark, May 1 is known as "Maj-kat", meaning "May-cat", and is also a joking day. May 1 is also celebrated in Sweden as an alternative joking day. When someone has been fooled in Sweden, to disclose that it was a joke, the fooler says the rhyme "April April din dumma sill, jag kan lura dig vart jag vill" (April, April, you stupid herring, I can fool you to wherever I want") for April 1 jokes, or "Maj maj måne, jag kan lura dig till Skåne" (May May moon, I can fool you into Scania) for May 1 jokes. Both Danes and Swedes also celebrate April Fools' Day ("aprilsnar" in Danish). Pranks on May 1, are much less frequent. Most Swedish news media outlets will publish exactly one false story on April 1, for newspapers this will typically be a first-page article but not the top headline.


Oh, and a couple of happy BIRTH days go out.  Nolan & Tiff welcomed Ashton on Friday night (April 27) and Tom (the fellow I write the blog with) and his wife April had their baby Alex on Saturday (?).


Have fun sleeping guys!
 ------------------------------


12/18 now... that's 67% getting closer to my goal.  Not sure how much I'll be able to bike the rest of this week... hopefully all [that'd put me over the 70% if I do]


-------------------------------


Dad's asked me to help him with a blessing for his diagnoses/treatment.  I'm not sure I want to 'agree' to it quite yet.  1) We don't know all that we need to know yet, and I want to wait until we have some questions answered first.  2) If/when I do... it makes it real you know.  Not sure I want that to happen quite yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment