Tuesday, September 2, 2008

GOOGLE CHROME

Okay, I'm a bandwagon jumper.  But I just think GOOGLE has really got some talent over there.  That and I love the name... (you know it's taken from a math term... googol is 10^100).

Anywho... So I downloaded CHROME after reading the comic book on it (you gotta love a company that instead of a press release or manual, they release a comic).  So, it looked really appealing, and while I had a bit of a slow day at work, I decided to install it.  It took less time to install than firefox (but it was bigger) and I was using it in minutes.  Now, keep in mind I do my work on my asus eeePC, and the performance of Chrome was very slow... I chalked it up to I had done some heavier work that moment and the eeePC is pretty slow near the end of the day, no matter how much I tweak it (still haven't monkeyed with any ramdisk yet).

A little disappointing, seeing as it looked so promising - but I decided to give it another shot on the PC at home.  WOW, what a difference.  Pages were loading lightening fast, the tabs were super easy to navigate and no slowing down.  There were some pauses when you'd load a page with a youtube setting on it... but other than that it worked amazingly.  I got rid of Safari off the PC and FireFox off the eeePC.  I'd take off IE, but I still like it, and it's what I'm used to, plus Windows won't like it if it's gone.  Hmm.. oh, well.

So, browsing in a different browser yet again... but it's good.  Hopefully since this is day one, there'll be some improvements (like for some reason I can't scroll UP pages with the touchpad on my laptop).

No comments:

Post a Comment