Monday, September 13, 2021

September 13 - The Law & Order of Chocolate Scooby Persian Snacks

 September 13th and I'm back in the office baby... that being said, we're still doing all of our meetings virtually, so I still need these sweet backgrounds.

One of the nice things about being downtown again for work is the proximity to snacks... mm.. I do love chocolate, and it is WORLD CHOCOLATE DAY.


As I think I remarked earlier in this blog, Chocolate Day has many days, but this is recognized by the US Chocolate Confectioners as it's the birthday of Milton Hershey (born September 13, 1857).

As much as I love chocolate, in Thunder Bay, when it comes to snacks you just gotta nosh on a Persian.


So, a "Persian" is a special cinnamon bun style pastry with a strawberry (or raspberry) icing that was invented here - and legend has it - named after a certain Commander John J. "Black Jack" Pershing who visited a local bakery.  Cmdr Pershing was born September 13th, 1860.


Know who else loved a good snack?  Scooby Doo.

A scooby-snack could get him to do anything, and the first episode ever of the show aired on September 13th, 1969, "What a Night for a Knight".


Man that seems like a long time for a show to be on, but we're still watching them today.

Another show that seemed to go on forever, and I just couldn't get enough of it is Law & Order.  The originals... man, now my favourite era has to be Briscoe & Logan.  Great stuff.

It's first episode was September 13th, 1990.  And it spawned off tons of other series too.


No comments:

Post a Comment