Tuesday, September 21, 2021

September 21 - Bill's at Peace with Hobbits

 The United Nations has set September 21st as the International Day of Peace.


One person who always seems at peace, almost a zen, is Bill Murray.

Man, that person is a treasure.  He turns 71 today.


That man has played it all... Ghostbusters, the masochistic patron at the dentist in Little Shop of Horrors, himself in Zombieland... heck, he played Garfield even (I grew up thinking it was him in the cartoon).

One place he didn't act in, but I bet he would've been awesome, was in Tolkien's movies.  JRR Tolkien wrote his book "the Hobbit" in 1937 on this day it was published.


What a sprawling saga, I can't believe how much I just gorged myself on this world of tales.

Bill could have easily played a hobbit, or gollum, even an amazing orc... but man what I wouldn't give to see him as an elf.

No comments:

Post a Comment