Saturday, June 9, 2012

Couple of parades down and sleeping in my old bed [28/44]



Another week is in the books, and the first week of piping for grads is done.  The full uni still fits.. yay.  There's just no killing this outfit... no matter how hard I try.

After the Thursday gig we got to do something we haven't done in a while - take a full band photo.  Jarron had a great idea this time in doing a photo recreation.  In 1967 the band had some "Canada Centennial" photos done up and the 'famous' one was done at Hillcrest Park.  So he set up to recreate the photo.  A nice touch for our centennial now.













Doesn't it always figure... no matter how far ahead we get in life, we always find a way to be a step back.

Well, not really - but I'm visiting my dad while my mom goes to visit my brother.  It's a good opportunity for Dean to play and race with grandpa.  But, it's funny sleeping in your old bed.  I don't think it's my actual old bed, but that's neither here nor there.  Still funny how it's so 'familiar'.

So, just a piping gig for myself tonight, and then gotta start getting ready for the recording... I'm really behind on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment